9.02.2008

Fixing My "Arg!"

So my research continues on how to mesh being a mother and wanting to "do" something for me, too.
Two of my current interests are crafting and blogging.
I've been monkeying around with the bit of creativity I believe is in my DNA (thanks to my mother) since I was little.
When it comes to blogging...well, I like to write...mostly I like to write about life and make it funny. If anyone would like to pay me to write about ANY subject as long as it can be funny I would love you forever. SERIOUSLY.
I'll just sit back and wait while the bids come in...
And while I wait for that fantasy to enter my reality, I think perhaps the best bet is for me to craft. What to craft? Not sure yet. I'm in an experimental stage...I want to experiment with all kinds of media. I don't want to have a specific plan. That's how I like to do my projects...and remember, I said that I was going to LOVE "this"..."this" will be defined once the money starts getting sent to my paypal account.
I think the best avenue for me right now will be to sell through etsy. If things really take off down the road, then I can embark on all the time and expense of having my very own site (which is outlaid quite well in my "how to sell crafts on the Internet book"- thanks to Tim's anniversary gift to me).
So, I am still in the experimental stage over here...have a few ideas of what I'd like to make...guess I need a long trip to the craft store!

4 comments:

michelle @ sweet mady's said...

Good luck and you are great at blogging by the way. Definitely stick with it!

scraps_n_stuff said...

YEAH!!! we can heart each other on etsy!

Cant Hardly Wait said...

You know, I try to blog about my life and make it funny, too. I dream about making tons of money doing nothing but writing a bunch of a crap on my computer screen. However, it never turns out funny because I use the "F word" too much and it probably makes people believe I am really 13 years old.

And crafting! What do you make specifically? I like zebra print by the way... wink wink. And I have 2 andrew jacksons with your name on it.

Shannon@Vogue Mum said...

You should hit up OSI Rock Starsif you want to start an online business. It is the most amazing online learning. There is also a class on Etsy coming up in a couple days.

shannon
Rock Star Maternity
The Domestic Engineer's Union